Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Look familiar?

Each morning before school Maisie goes to where we keep her school uniforms and chooses what she wants to wear for the day.  My only input is in letting her know if she needs to wear a short or long sleeved shirt and because everything matches I don’t worry about what she chooses.  No muss, no fuss, no fighting and our mornings go well. 

IMG_0014E Today Maisie was quite delighted with her choice of clothes and asked me if I remembered when she first wore her watermelon skirt (because of the two little watermelon slices at the waist.)  I pretended not to remember.  In a completely exasperated voice Maisie reminded me that she wore this skirt on her first day of Kindergarten

IMG_6405b a Maisie has grown quite a bit in two years so the skirt is shorter on her but at least the waist finally fits her properly. 

In other new, the steroids and antibiotics kicked in and about 11am today it dawned on me that I no longer had razor blades in my throat when I swallowed, yeah!  So I think and hope that both Maisie and I will be feeling 100% very soon. 

I finally got a new recipe up over on Cook Lisa Cook for a Mango, Lime & Chile Spiced Ice Box Pie.  I know that it sounds a bit different but it was truly delicious and perfect on a hot summer day as there’s no cooking or baking involved.  Mango Lime Chili PieDoesn’t this just look cool, creamy and delicious! 

For more delicious recipes check out some of my recent posts over on Cook Lisa Cook including: Mango Lassi, Stir-Fried Asparagus with Water Chestnuts, Ginger & Cashews, Curried Roast Chicken Pieces with Spicy Sweet Potato & Carrots, Grilled Corn & Bacon Pudding, Oriental Chicken Salad, Potato Salad with Bacon, Coffee Crusted Steak, Home Style Chicken Curry, Watermelon FrostyMango Gazpacho, Toll House Double Stuff Oreo Brownies, Long Beans with Walnuts, Blacksmith Pizza, Rhubarb Crisp, Laksa, Math Book No Bake Cookies, Aloo Gobi, Mint Lassi, Red Curry Chicken, Lamb Curry, Grilled Corn, Avocado & Tomato Salad with Honey Lime Dressing, Baked Egg Cups Two Ways, Thai Peanut Salad, Holy Guacamole, Cantaloupe Agua Fresca, Wallaby Darned, Piggy-Out Cookies, Wicked Good New England Lobster Roll, Long Beans with Garlic, Super Simple Summer Shrimp Salsa Salad, Grandma’s Teriyaki Steak, Watermelon Tomato Gazpacho, Red Chinese Long Beans with Peppers & Red Curry, 24-Layer Crêpe Cake Fig & Watermelon Salad, Grilled Chèvre & Fig Panini, Spicy Asian Cucumber Salad, Grilled Prawns, Spicy Brown Sugar Bacon, Kicked Up Piggy-Out Cookies, Pesto Pita Pizza, Cilantro Lime Chicken and Nutella Crêpes.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better. There is nothing worse than your throat feeling like there is razor blades in it.

    I totally remember that skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum - that recipe looks amazing!

    Maisie is adorable as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are feeling better. Hope it continues.

    Gosh that skirt has gotten, what, at least four inches shorter on Maisie? They do keep growing!

    Hmm, mango, lime and chile? I just don't know...

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails